Professional Member – $25 (annual membership): Any professional who works in the recreation therapy field.
Student Member – $15 (annual membership): Any student currently enrolled in a recreation therapy program. Student members must be currently enrolled in a CARTE accredited therapeutic recreation program.
BATRA offers a variety of services, many of which are exclusive to members only. Below highlights some of the benefits you receive as a member. We hope you feel this membership is an asset to you professionally.
- CEU opportunities at a reduced registration fee.
- The ability to serve as a member of the Board of Directors and shape the future of the organization and develop leadership skills.
- Free membership to all board members.
- Network and build connections to other RTs and establish a professional camaraderie.
- Our website, www.batra-tr.org provides current information about our organization, legislative updates, education opportunities and an opportunity to email the Board of Directors.
- We provide two $1,000 “working” student scholarships each year.
- We provide five student stipends for free conference attendance per year.
- We plan to offer two research grants annually to encourage research by professionals, educators and graduate students.
- Opportunity to nominate and elect the Board of Directors.
- Affiliate with those who monitor and report critical legislative issues. These committees also advocates for RT through visits to elected officials.
- Contribute to the furthering of the profession on a local and national level.
- BATRA has a close alliance with ATRA and its Board of Directors, which provides for networking through the Chapter Affiliate Council (CAC).
- Increase awareness of RT to those outside of the profession, promote employment opportunities, and encourages the development of RT service areas.
- Free giveaways during conference events!
- Low membership fees compared to other professional organizations!